Invented in 1954 by German company Ackermann + Schmitt, Angle Grinder can be described as a handheld power instrument which is used for grinding, polishing, or cutting metals and other materials. It is a versatile tool as it can handle different wheels and accessories. It is used for various purposes such as to cut tiles, mortar, and pavers; to quicken rusting and loosing removal of paint; to sharpen blades; or to grind/cut steel.
Angle Grinders can be found wherever power tools are sold. If Angle Grinders are available for sale, then one should go for 4-in. and 4.5 in. grinders as they are the correct size for most tasks. Grinders with a powerful motor (motor that draws 5 to 9 amps) should also be considered when one finds angle grinders for sale.
Sources of power of the grinder:
- Pneumatic or Compressed Air
It is generally a good opportunity for metal fabrication shops, machine shops, and construction sites when there is angle grinder for sale as they use it as a standard tool. Angle Grinders are also put to use for a variety of jobs around the house like for cutting small tiles or for cleaning garden tools.
This is a handy tool that aids preservation of a lot of time and energy. If this instrument is used with safety and efficiency, it can prove to be of great utility. Here are a few points that can help to ensure this:
- Unplug the grinder while changing the disc or wheel
- Never use the grinder without its guard/attached handle
- Make sure the grinder is gripped properly at all times
- Do not keep combustible objects near the workplace as they may catch fire
- While operating, face shield/protective clothing must be worn